Yep that's right - my dress is here!!! I was SO exited to try it on yesterday for the first time, but a little bit nervous too. As ridiculous as it sounds, I was scared that I wouldn't fit into after all the baklava I ate in Turkey...but luckily, no such worries were necessary and the dress fit perfectly. Phew.
I've been feeling a little off the last day or so and I'm not really sure why - maybe it's the stress of the impending wedding, or something else entirely but I just feel... not quite right. Like Michael Scott in the office, I'm going to attempt to divide my life into a Happy Box and a Sad Box and see what happens. We'll do the sad box first to get it out of the way:
- I am super excited for the wedding - BUT - when all the little details keep rolling in and everyone keeps making these teeny requests that all add up, it just starts to feel overwhelming and I know I can't possibly accomodate everyone. As grateful as I am that my parents are helping us out so much financially with this wedding, I really want it to be about me and Ben and our lives together - and I realize that it's also a huge family event but... we can have other family events. This is my ONLY wedding, and I don't want to spend it worrying about whether everyone else's needs are being met. End rant.
- Night classes are not my cup of tea. AT ALL. 3 hours of healthcare history? No thank you.
- Why was I even worried about fitting into my dress? This is not something I should be stressing about right now.
- General feelings of inadequacy.
- Minneapolis declared another snow emergency.
- I am out of quarters for laundry.
- I LOVE my dress. And Ben. Pretty sure I love Ben the most.
- I have delicious pear-ginger butter and Great Harvest bread in my pantry.
- Reggae and other happy music - I just made a whole playlist of Matisyahu, Collie Buddz, and Save Ferris which I will now proceed to listen to on repeat for the rest of the day.
- Last night my friend and I resorted to making bets on whether or not the prof would say certain words. It kept us entertained, it helped keep me awake for 3 hours AND now Pete owes me lunch.
- I have amazing, supportive parents who are there for me even when I am a spazz.
Keep calm and make some tea. And maybe go to yoga. And maybe also take a bubble bath. But first, finish the paper that is due tonight...yes...