Analytics Tracker

Saturday, January 29, 2011

ANOTHER 101 Cookbooks recipe...

I'm in the middle of the immersion right now - so far, the biggest challenge is figuring out when to squeeze in my homework. I have a ton of reading to finish for Monday and so far I have done exactly almost none of it. So logically, last night I eschewed productivity in favor of a Birthday party. What are these "adult responsibilities" you speak of...?

When my friend Amanda said that she was having a POTLUCK birthday party on Saturday, my first thought was "how am I going to find time to cook anything on Saturday??" Desserts were out - she's got those covered. I was in the immersion from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm, and I need my morning hours to get reading done... so with only an hour and a half to get home, change, shower, whip something together and head over to the party, I knew I needed something that a) I had most of the ingredients for already, and b) I could prep the day before, toss the ingredients together and run. But it still had to be delicious.

Oh, 101 Coobooks, you save my life. I'm pretty sure I owe Heidi my first-born child (sorry Ben). Or at least several blog mentions. Done. I didn't mess with this recipe at all, so instead of re-typing everything, I'll just link to the recipe for Lemon-Scented Quinoa Salad.



Amanda's party was fantastic as always - it helps when all the guests are awesome cooks and bakers. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera :( Besides my quinoa salad, we had sweet potato samosas, roasted veggies with Tatziki, bread and cheese, cherry-hazelnut blondies, pear chocolate cake, marble bundt cake with raspberry sauce, and mini almond cakes (noticing a theme here...?). Luckily, I decided long ago that it was perfectly ok to have more than one dessert.
Hopefully I'll have time later this weekend to blog about the actual immersion...it's already been really interesting and full of food for thought. Basically we've been doing a lot of yoga, some yoga history and philosophy, a LOT of yoga-related anatomy and physiology, and I've been meeting some really cool people. I think it is going to be more of a mental/emotional challenge than a physical challenge. I kind of want to dive more into the history of yoga and development of the various schools, but that won't happen until immersion two - plenty for the philosphy nerd in me to chew on though ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...