Analytics Tracker

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Into the Wild

This morning, we took Sidney and met our friends Emily and Eric at the dog park. As far as we know, he's never been to an off-leash park so we wondered how he would handle it, but nothing could have prepared us for how thoroughly Sid would embrace the wilderness.

Emily and Eric brought their dog Emmy - Emmy was Sid's "sister" for a few weeks when he was a foster at their house (we actually found Sid through Emily :) ), so at least there was one familiar face.

At home, Sid loves three things:
1) Napping on the couch
2) Napping on the bed
3) Eating

At the dog park, Sid loves other things:
1) Running and bounding
2) Barking
3) Becoming one with the earth

It didn't take long for this to happen:

IMG_4463
How did I get in this lake?

We totally did not see it coming. He just bounded in like he owned the place. After his dive in the lake, and subsequent run through/faceplant in the mud and dirt, Sid decided that the woods were his home.

IMG_4464
I fly unseen through the wild forest...the trees are mine

IMG_4466
This log is mine

After his adventures, our formerly white dog looked like this:

IMG_4467
Oops

Good thing we'd already planned on taking him to the groomers this afternoon. Now he looks much different -I haven't uploaded the pics yet but um...he looks hilarious. Poor Sid. They floofed him and it is ridiculous.

It also seemed that we picked the right time to head home, because by 12:30 it was SNOWING. As in, white stuff on the ground. Luckily, I was prepared:

IMG_4469
Best tea on the planet

IMG_4470
This mug makes me laugh

Mug of tea in hand, I turned on the Frank Sinatra Holidays station on Pandora and set to work putting together some paper snowflakes! The snowflakes came in a kit from paper source and were a bit of work to assemble ... they also called for extra materials, some of which I didn't have, so I had to improvise a bit.

IMG_4473

Mini totally snuck up on me while taking this photo. Luckily she didn't actually destroy all of my hard work, but it was close!

Tonight, Ben and I are headed to the opera! This means I have to put on respectable clothes on a non-work day, but that's cool. I'm really excited to see Silent Night - the story is based on the screenplay for the film Joyeaux Noel by Christian Carion, a recounting of the Christmas Eve truce that took place on WWI's western front. MN Opera tries to incorporate a new work or premiere into each of its five-show seasons, and Silent Night is a world premiere. Can't wait to see it!

Tomorrow I'm skipping choir for the Immersion reunion! In case you're wondering what the heck that is...two of my teachers held a 100 hour Anusara Immersion last year and I took the plunge and did all three parts! The immersion is a deep-dive in to Anusara immersion and philosophy, delivered through practice, lecture and conversation. It's also a pre-requisite for teacher training, and to be honest, I think every TT program should have such a prerequisite. I had such an amazing time, and even though I've seen most of my immersion friends since we finished in June, I can't wait for us to all practice together again!

Have a great Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...