Analytics Tracker

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend

This weekend has been a little more subdued than normal - first quarter ended this week at Ben's school and he's been pretty overwhelmed with work. Mini generously offered to help him grade English essays so that we would have time to do other things this weekend, such as drink scotch and go to Ikea.

IMG_4362
I think that sentence needs a comma, don't you?


IMG_4359
I am smart and helpful

Unfortunately her walnut-sized brain is easly distracted - it is also difficult to take her opinions on grammar seriously when 98% of the time she appears to have been posessed by demons.

IMG_4364
Exhibit A

IMG_4358
Exhibit B

IMG_4365
Sid is not impressed by Demon Cat


On Saturday we went to Ben's dad's scottish-themed birthday party. This basically involved lots of stilton cheese and single malt scotch. Clearly, the bash of the year. AND Ben's dad bought my favorite scotch - the Laphroig ten year. I love this family.

IMG_4371
I can totally get behind this party theme

We brought Sidney along for the ride and were a little nervous about how he would handle being around so many strange new people, but he was very well-behaved. He really seemed to enjoy hanging out with the family and can totally hold his own in any conversation regarding the state of education and the economy.

IMG_4372
Yes, I quite agree with you

We also made a big trip to IKEA for new bookshelves. This is the excitement that is my life - although if you love books as much as we do, you'd be excited about new shelves, too. Our collection is literally overflowing onto random surfaces that are not meant to hold books - shelves, end tables, the floor, etc - and the bookshelves we have now are literally from my childhood bedroom. So, we came home with a lovely Hemnes shelf set that holds a lot of books and looks like, you know, it belongs in an adult's home...

IMG_4373
What is this thing and why is it lying in my frolicking path

IMG_4374
I will destroy it

IMG_4379
So vicious...

IMG_4380
Sid remains unimpressed

Well... my parents are here as we speak, helping Ben and I assemble our shelves. Ben has a power drill in his hand...I'm not sure how I feel about that. Sid is passed out on the couch with my dad watching football. Everything is as it should be.

Does anyone else still use furniture they've had since they were seven? Or is it just me...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...