Analytics Tracker

Monday, March 21, 2011

Big Shiva, little Shiva. And also, pants.

Have you ever seen someone walking down the street and wanted to yell at them: "Hey! You should put on some pants!" If so, you, like me, are probably of the opinion that one should leave the house without appearing to violate indecent exposure laws. The fact that you happen to be wearing hot yoga booty shorts under what appears to be a Lululemon Savasana Wrap is irrelevant if I cannot see them - if you look like you're not wearing pants, you are, for all intents and purposes, not wearing them. Put on some damn pants.

And in other news, Shiva is cool.


This giant Shiva hangs out at CERN, the European center for particle research in Geneva. Shiva is the symbol for creation and destruction - the metaphor for cosmic dance, which, for modern physicists, is the dance of subatomic matter. Pretty neat. My Shiva is much tinier, but still brings all the benefits of big Shiva:


I just picked this guy up today, from the Metaphyiscal store on Lyndale... kind of a kooky place, but probably one of the only shops I could walk into and ask "do you have those little Shiva Nataraj dudes?" without them looking at me like I was nuts. I will probably pass on their wide selection of tarot cards and voodoo dolls, but they do have some interesting meditation candles and salt lamps that I might look at. One of the things that keeps me feeling not so sad about leaving my apartment, which I love, is thinking about how I'm going to fill the new one...and one of my plans is for a yoga room/sacred space in the second bedroom, so I'm starting to slowly collect things to decorate it with. Tiny Shiva Nataraj is my first addition - welcome to the family little dude.


Right now he's hanging out on my kitchen table next to Ganesh, who came home with us from India. They can be buddies.

Well, back to the daily grind! We have a marketing network event tomorrow morning that I'm really excited for, and some more project work...and my Business Ethics class starts this week! Our professor referenced Harry Potter in the syllabus, likening his class to Defense Against the Dark Arts. Love it already. Have a great start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...