Analytics Tracker

Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Five

Wow - it has been a while since I've done one of these! I think it was back before finals, and even before my computer crashed. I love "friday five" posts because they give me a chance to throw together a bunch of things I really like, without having to write an entire blog on any of them, and also without having to draw any coherent connections between them. Five things. There they are. Take it or leave it.

Fruit with rosewater



I came across this awesome but simple preparation in Deborah Madison's "Seasonal Fruit Desserts," and have been making/eating it almost constantly since then. Just throw some berries/fruit in a bowl, add some rosewater, sprinkle with brown/turbinado sugar, mix together, let them sit in the refrigerator for a while to allow the fruit to absorb the rosewater and sugar, and enjoy! Ms. Madison recommends using blackberries since they come from the same plant family as roses... but I've also enjoyed using a combination of berries/mangos and berries/peaches. The perfect summer dessert/snack/yogurt topping

Summer Wedges





This particular pair is from Banana Republic but I've seen a lot of great options around lately. Go snag some, wear them out, look fabulous.

Dessa's Spiral Bound collection


I have no idea how it took me until 2 weeks ago to realize that this existed. Dessa (if you aren't from MN you might not know her) is a local hip hop artist/musician/writer and member of Doomtree, and easily one of my top 3 favorite local artists. Spiral Bound contains poetry, autobiographical essays and fiction, all beautifully written and flavored with Dessa's penchant for somewhat dark themes and imagery. Her reflections on life are insightful and to the point, and, this might sound like a weird thing to say, but she has a talent for a final sentence. I've re-read all of the pieces probably 3 times now.


Homemade Yogurt


Ben's mom gave us a yogurt maker at the wedding shower and I couldn't have been more excited! I've been wanting one for a while, and we've made three batches from it already. Plus, this gives me an excuse to drink more milk, since we have to buy milk to make the yogurt and always have some left over.


My Thermos


My MPR Klean Kanteen thermos might be the best thing ever. I haul it around with me constantly - it carries tea/coffee in the morning, more tea throughout the day, cold water during my yoga classes, etc. I would probably die without it.


Today I have a bunch of wedding-related tasks to finish: picking up my veil from the bridal shop, hair trial, and I will probably bring my wedding bands to the bridal shop when I pick up the veil - I'm keeping all my wedding day accessories at the shop so I don't misplace them. Knowing me, that is something that could easily happen and I can't take any chances! Have a great weekend - I'll be around sporadically but mostly I'll be at the Desiree Rumbaugh Anusara workshop all day tomorrow, and my makeup trial is on Sunday. Crazyness. Have a great Friday, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. As the person lucky enough to eat both the fruit and the yogurt I heartily heartily concur!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...