Analytics Tracker

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thailand Honeymoon Recap: Days... I don't even remember anymore

Yes, it has been over a month since we returned from our honeymoon in Thailand. No, I have not finished recapping yet. Don't judge me.

Luckily, the last week or so of our trip was not very action-packed - manily we just sat around on the beach, read a lot of books, and ate a LOT of delicious food. And yes, I totally wish I was still there. Lengthy narratives are unnecessary for recapping such events.

When we last left our heroes, they were deathly ill (mild exaggeration) on the island of Koh Pha Ngan on the Malaysia side of Thailand. Luckily the death-illness did not last long and soon they were back to gallavanting about the resort and nearby beaches.

Breakfast!


Free Continental Breakfast

Hanging out in the hotel's loaner library after breakfast

Regaining our strength in the loaner library

Lunch at Sala

At Sala, a locally owned lunch spot with the most delicious open-face shrimp sandwich I have ever tasted

Shrimp sammich

...followed by dinner at Jip Cafe, which boasted an extremely creative way to keep guests occupied while waiting for their food:

Jenga makes Ben sneaky

...and apparently it also makes me ridiculous

....needless to say, I lost.

View from breakfast

Free breakfast with a beautiful view, followed by hours of lying by the pool

Hanging by the pool

...and yes, those are Ben's sunglasses. Not really my style...

reading material!

(As I've mentioned before - I have a book problem. I read all of these...and then ran out of books. And had to borrow more from the loaner library. Sigh.)

Hair in my face

A nice french guy offered to take our photo together - and then asked us to pay him?? but I think he was joking mostly.

Honeymoon!

Red Curry with Duck at Jip

Roasted Duck with Red Curry - followed by a fried Banana and Nutella pancake from a local crepe stand. Perfection.

Ben buying a fried pancake with Nutella in town

the town

Beach at night


Well despite my best intentions I only got through two days of pictures. Looks like a couple more recaps are ahead of us... hope you're not sick of Thailand yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...