Analytics Tracker

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Something the cat dragged in

Well, clearly I picked the wrong day to walk five blocks to the coffee shop. It is RAINING ... and now I am pretty much drenched but at least I have a warm cup of coffee! Still no pictures... sorry :( I was going to bring my camera with me to upload them but I forgot.

Yesterday I bought a TV!! This is the first TV I have ever actually owned - the one I have now is just on loan from my sister. Her current roommate has a TV and they were using that one, but now she's moving into her own place and needs it back. But, this TV is definitely more along the lines of what I need... hers is pretty tiny which wouldn't be a problem except that Ben and I love watching foreign films and on such a little screen, we couldn't read the subtitles from the couch! So now I have a 42" Insignia Plasma TV which the dudes at Best Buy said is great for watching sports.

Tomorrow I'm having some friends over for brunch and to help address some wedding invitations. I haven't cooked anything in the new place yet (except oatmeal) and I'm pretty sure most of my measuring cups and spoons are still at the old place. The menu for tomorrow includes:

Red Lentil Soup (ala Heidi Swanson)
Fruit Salad (also ala Heidi Swanson, but from her new cookbook, Super Natural Every Day)
Bread (likely from Lucia's)
Brown Butter Bars (ala Deb) - I was going to do cupcakes for dessert, but the thought of frosting individual cakes with all of the unpacking/organizing/laundry I have to do in order to make my apartment remotely guest-ready sort of made me balk, so I opted instead for something I can just put in a single pan and cut up later. I don't think I will regret this decision.

I'm sorry these picture-less blogs are so boring. I will attempt to make this one more interesting by using pictures of rainbows and unicorns:

Which actually reminds me... finals are upon us (or at least upon me). If you're looking for a good way to procrastinate:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...