Analytics Tracker

Sunday, December 4, 2011

This week on "Cat Hoarders"...

Sean's Party 4

...I can totally explain this.

But first, cats.
My vet informed me that Mini would probably have no energy or appetite for at least two days post-surgery, but they clearly underestimated her. Within five or six hours of coming home, she was fully awake, demanding copious amounts of both food and attention. Unfortunately her abnormal resilience has rendered her pretty much oblivious to the fact that she just had surgery and her stitches need to heal. Thus, she has been placed in solitary confinement.

She isn't taking it well. In the absence of toys, Mini has started systematically pulling things off of my bookshelf and hiding them. She has also developed a strange magpie-like tendency to gather random items from around the room and put them in her water dish. Her treasures (among other things, part of a pen she apparently disassembled, a plastic lid, some spare thread, and a piece of crumpled up tissue) are carefully selected, but I have no idea about the water dish. My cat is OCD and a hoarder...should I be worried?

Hoarders
I found these for u

Anyways...last night I went to a going-away party for one of my grad school classmates who is moving to San Fran for work. Unfortunately, I made a serious strategic error in showing up two hours after the official start time, thinking there would still be food left.

Sean's party 8
Hi friends!

My second mistake was starting to knock back beer and hard cider like it was going out of style, on a basically empty stomach. I am not really a big drinker, but every once in a while I walk out the door with my party shoes on, and last night was one of those.

The combination of empty stomach and a couple/few beers put me in that marvelous place where you are just drunk enough to think you are invincible and can keep drinking forever. It was at this point that I discovered a bottle of Patron in the freezer. Obviously, the next logical step was to wave the bottle enticingly in front of my friend Lia's face until she agreed to do shots with me.

Sean's Party 10
Oh, tequila...you seemed like such a good idea at the time...

Sean's Party 3

Sean's Party 2

At some point I decided that I needed falafel immediately. Ben and I then left our friends to their extremely competitive dreidel game and headed for home, hitting up Falafel King on the way home. I think we may have watched terrible late night TV with the dog before finally passing out.

Falafel!
Yes.

Falafel 2!
I think I made Ben take this photo...

Needless to say, getting up for choir this morning was a little rough...

Off to trim the tree - and scrape 3 inches of snow off my car. Not complaining about it though!! :) Not complaining that tomorrow is Monday, either. Nope...not me... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...