Analytics Tracker

Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve-Eve!

It's a new holiday - I like pretend I invented it. Basically Christmas Eve-Eve is an excuse for Ben and I to have our own, quiet celebration before the family insanity set in. Last year we had a quiet night in, cooked together and watched HP6, and then had our own Christmas Eve-Morning gift exchange. This year we have family dinner obligations tonight so we can't cook together, but we do have a date later tonight with Wait Wait Don't Tell Me and a glass of scotch or two.

Last night I had my High School girlfriends over for our annual White Elephant gift exchange - this year's treasures included a Justin Bieber singing toothbrush, hilarious notes that my friend Katie confiscated from her students, and a sock monkey dressed like a pirate that dances while singing Kanye. The singing dancing Ke$ha monster also made a triumphant return and I made sure that it ended the night in my possession.

IMG_4608
Katie and Emily gave Sid a makeover

IMG_4604
Amanda was an hour late, but it's OK because she was baking these!

IMG_4635
Imperial Stout Porter brewed with spruce tips - amaaaazing

IMG_4606
Tess showing off her Biebs toothbrush

IMG_4610
Sid is the life of the partay!

IMG_4612
Yup.

IMG_4615
The club can't even handle him right now...

IMG_4627
Happy with my loot

Ben and I also bought a pretty awesome Christmas gift for ourselves this year, and it arrived this morning right after I got back from breakfast with Julianna at Butter - our new bar cabinet! I loved its appearance when I saw it in the store - but when I opened it up and saw that it was a BAR CABINET, I knew we had to have it.

See, right now our wine glasses and liquor are stored here:

IMG_4636
Not so easy for the 5'5" crowd to reach up there


Thus enters...
IMG_4630

IMG_4633
Placing the inaugural bottle

IMG_4638
"I don't see any booze in here Sid..."

IMG_4639
Mini is planning her next bender

IMG_4641
"Where's mah martini glass??"

I'm going to try to unplug for the next couple of days, so I probably won't be back online until after Christmas (I do have a scheduled post for tomorrow but it's short) - so have a safe and happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...