Analytics Tracker

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Peace on Earth, Goodwill to all..

On Christmas morning we woke up to a the beautiful, snowy view from my parents house...
I always love being at my parents house...they live in the woods right on a lake, and it makes me feel like I'm at a cabin. I made coffee and after everyone had stumbled out into the kitchen in their pajamas, we started on the Gorder family Christmas tradition of pancakes and present opening.
At around 10am, our family friends Jim and Jayne stopped by - Jim and Jayne are almost like second parents to me, and their daughter Alex is one of my best friends, so it was great to see them, and Jayne gave us an adorable loaf of homemade teddy bear bread!A couple of hours later, we drove down to Ben's parents house for more gifts and dinner with his family. Ben's mom, Bekka, who is a State Fair prize-winning knitter, made me a gorgeous cashmere scarf - probably my favorite Christmas gift this year.
The house looked beautiful, warm and Christmasy - just perfect.
We had a great time with Ben's family - his grandparents Bud and Loey, two sets of aunts and uncles, four cousins (all high-school and college age) and parents. Lots of laughter, wine and great food.
When we got back to my place, we lit some candles, turned on the Christmas tree lights and watched part of Fantasia (another Christmas gift from Bekka and a childhood favorite).
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...