Analytics Tracker

Friday, July 5, 2013

Book of the Week: Tell the Wolves I'm Home



Maybe all I wanted was for Toby to hear the wolves that lived in the dark forest of my heart. And maybe that’s what it meant. Tell the Wolves I’m Home. Maybe Finn understood everything, as usual. You may as well tell them where you live, because they’ll find you anyway. They always do.


I'm having a tough time giving Tell the Wolves I'm Home a straight assessment. There's no denying that Carol Rifka Brunt's prose is gorgeous and full of little gems of profound wisdom, but ultimately the beauty of her writing wasn't quite enough to make me overlook the flaws in character and story. Still definitely worth a read though.

2 comments:

  1. I've been doing more reading than usual lately, but I haven't heard of this one. I'm not sure if I"ll try it based on your review though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I hope my review didn't come off too negative! I did like it and it's worth reading, but after reading a bunch of goodreads reviews with people saying it was the best book of the year, I was kind of let down maybe? Not that it's bad, just a little flawed and not *great*.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...