Analytics Tracker

Monday, May 10, 2010

Cookin!

So I might have mentioned this before, but my schedule for this semester included 19 credits... not to mention that most of the classes were 2 credit classes that really should have been 3 or 4 credit classes. Compared to the last few weeks, being in finals seems like a break!

I had 2 final presentations last week, both of which went really well, and a final quiz that went OK too. Today I had my Managerial Accounting final, which I was freaking out about but acutally I felt really good about it! My apologies to Ben, who listened to me ranting on about differential costs last night. On the plus side - I explained chapters 2 - 11 to him and he understood what I was talking about! Being able to explain the material in a way that made sense to someone who's never had accounting before made me feel like I was pretty prepared :)

Also on the plus side - I've actually had time to cook again! Here's what I've made in the last 2 weeks:
- Sandiwch cookies with Butter Cookies and lemon curd filling. I originally planned on making the lemon curd from scratch but this was last week, and I didn't have quite THAT much time on my hands...
- Then, on Friday... baked Salmon with mustard sauce! I made the mustard sauce up - it was basically some large-grain mustard, some dijon mustard, a little honey and a little white-wine vinegar. It was delicious :) Not quite like my favorite mustard sauce with heavy cream, but still pretty awesome.
- Grilled asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper - simple yet awesome.
- Quinoa Skillet Bread - BEST EVER... so amazing, thanks 101 Cookbooks!
- and I used some of the leftover quinoa and asparagus to make a delicious lunch by sauteeing the asparagus in sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vineger, sugar and a little conrnstarch, and then pouring it over the quinoa. Definitely tasty and healthier than anything from the food court.

Next on the docket - don't know! Ben did the shopping today so I'll be pleasantly surprised by whatever he picked up. I'm hoping to make a pie soon too, or something...we'll see :) More cookies forthcoming as well, since I donated cookie of the month for my school's annual charity acution (this was the purpose of the lemon cookies as well)

Woooo ....yay for having a life again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...